1. This Agreement aims to stipulate the rights and obligations between the Registered User and us relating to the terms of provision and the use of Services. And this Agreement shall be applied to all relating to the use of Services between the Registered User and us.
2. In the event the contents of this Agreement differ from any other explanations of Services other than this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall prevail.
1. "Service Use Contract" means all rules and the usage agreement of Services entered into by and between Registered User and us.
2. "Intellectual Property Rights" means copyrights, patents, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights, and any other Intellectual Property Rights (including the rights to acquire such rights or to apply for registrations of such rights).
3. "Posting Data" means the contents (including but not limited to texts, images, and videos) that the Registered User posts or sends with using Services.
4. "We (us)" means Leverages Co., Ltd..
5. "Our website" means a website we operate whose domain is "we-xpats.com" or "wexpats.com" (including the modified website in its domain or content for any reason).
6. "Registered User" means an individual or a corporation registered as a user of Services based on Article 3.
7. "Services" means the services which are named WeXpats we provide (including the modified services in its name or content for any reason) and the services associated therewith collectively.
8. "User" means all individuals who use our Services including Registered User.
1. Any person who wishes to use Services shall agree to comply with all this Agreement, and it lets them be able to apply for the registration of use of Services by providing us with certain information we specify ("Registered Matters") in accordance with our regulations.
2. In accordance with our policy, we shall determine whether or not to register the Applicant who has applied for the registration based on the above, and when approving the registration, we shall notify the Applicant. For the avoidance of doubt, the registration of the Applicant as a Registered User shall be completed upon the fact that we has given the notice set forth in this paragraph.
3. Upon the completion of the registration set forth in paragraph 2 of this article, the Service Use Contract shall be concluded between Registered User and us, and the Registered User shall be able to use the Services in accordance with this Agreement.
4. In the event the Applicant falls under any of the following items, we may refuse registration and re-registration and shall not be obliged to disclose any reason.
1. Registered User shall accurately provide us with Personal Data without any incompletion or inconsistency. In the event any claim, request, or demand arising from the inaccuracy, incompletion, and/or inconsistency of Personal Data provided by Registered User is made by any third party, Registered User shall be bound to bear the cost and the responsibility to settle it, and shall ensure that no trouble caused to us.
2. In the event of any change in the Registered Matter, the Registered User shall notify us of such change without delay in the manner we designate.
In the event we issue a password or user ID in connection with Services, the Registered User shall use and manage the password and user ID at its own responsibility, and the Registered User shall not allow any third party use it or transferred it to any third party.
1. The purposes of the Service are as follows;
2. We may add or change new services to the Service without prior notice to Registered Users.
3. The Service is linked with the services of multiple other websites, and the content posted on this site may be published on such other websites under certain conditions.
The Registered User shall not engage in any act that falls under any of the following items or any act that we determine to fall under any of the following items when using the Services.
1. We shall be entitled to suspend or cancel the provision of the Services, in whole or in part, without prior notice to the Registered User in the event of any of the following:
2. We shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Registered User due to the measures we have made under this Article.
1. All Intellectual Property Rights relating to our website and Services belong to us or the party granting the license to us. The using of Services under this Agreement does not imply granting the use of any Intellectual Property Rights which belong to us or the party granting the license to us relating to our website or Services.
2. With respect to Posting Data, the Registered User represents and warrants to us that it has the lawful right to post or transmit the Posting Data and that the Posting Data shall not infringe any rights of third party.
3. With respect to Posting Data, Registered User grants us a license which is worldwide, non-exclusive, free, sub-licensable and transferable to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works, display and execute. He/she also grants other Registered User a license which is non-exclusive to use, reproduce, edit, reorganize, publish, reprint, publicly transmit, screen, exhibit, provide, sell, transfer, lend, translate, adapt, distribute, etc. and the right of the current copyright holder regarding derivative works (saying in Copyright Law Articles 21 to 28, and including commercial use).
4. Registered Users shall permit edition the content posted by other users, distribution them to metadata, etc., posting them on our site, posting them on our affiliated site, in order to improve the quality of the site, promote it, and promote its use. etc.
5. Registered User agrees that he/she shall not exercise the moral rights against us and any party who succeeds or is licensed to the rights from us.
1. In the event the Registered User falls under any one of the following items, we may, without prior notice or demand, edit or delete the Posting Data, temporarily suspend the use of Services for such Registered User, delete the registration as a Registered User, or terminate the Service Use Contract:
2. In the event falling under any of the above, all obligations of the Registered User shall be accelerated and become immediately due and payable.
3. We shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Registered User due to the measures we have made under this Article.
1. The Registered User may withdraw from the Services and cancel his or her registration as his or her own Registered User by notifying us in the manner we prescribe.
2. Upon the withdrawal, if having any debt, all obligations of the Registered User shall be accelerated and become immediately due and payable.
3. The handling of Personal Data after withdrawal shall be subject to the provisions of Article 17.
1. We may modify or terminate Services along with us. We shall notify Registered User in advance of any termination of providing Services.
2. We shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Registered User due to the measures we have made under this Article.
1. We shall make no warranty that the Services meet the particular purpose of the Registered User, have the expected functions, commercial value, accuracy, and usefulness, that the Registered User's use of the Services will conform to the applicable laws, regulations, or internal regulations of industry associations, and that any failure will not occur.
2. We shall not be responsible for any actions or results with the information (including information described in the Service, external information such as introduced books, and linked information ) obtained from the Service by Registered User.
3. We shall not be responsible for the websites accessed by registered users through links. Links shall not mean we have a relationship with the linked destination such as affiliates or business partners.
The Registered User, now and in the future, shall represent that himself/herself does not fall under any type of anti-social forces (an organized crime group, a member of organized crime group, a person who was a member of organized crime group within 5 years, semi-regular of organized crime group, a company in relation with organized crime group, a racketeer group, a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social companies, a crime group specialized in intellectual crimes, or any other equivalent party) or that himself/herself shall not commit any illegal acts including violent acts, fraudulent acts, threats, or acts of obstruction of business. In the event of a breach of such representation, Registered User shall accept the termination of Services without any objection.
1. We shall not be liable for any interruption, suspension, termination, unavailability or modification of the provision of Services we made, deletion or elimination of messages or information sent by Registered User to Services, erasure of registration of Registered User, loss of registration data due to use of Services, failure or injury to equipment, or any other damage suffered by Registered User relating to the Services ("User’s Damage") .
2. Even if we are liable for any reason, we shall not be liable for the User’s Damage to users in excess of the amount of consideration paid by Registered User to us during the last 12 months, and shall not be liable for incidental, indirect, special, future damages or lost profits.
3. We shall not be obliged to manage or delete the Posted Data in the Service.
4. We shall not be responsible for any transactions, communications, or disputes that may arise between the Registered User and any other Registered User or any third party in connection with the Services or our website.
The Registered User shall treat as confidential any non-public information we disclose to Registered User with a requirement of confidentiality in connection with the Services, unless the prior written consent from us.
With respect to handling Personal Data of the Registered User, it shall be as set forth in our How We Handle Personal Data, and the Registered User shall agree that we handle the user information of the Registered User in accordance with our How We Handle Personal Data.
In the event the Registered User causes any damage to us, related parties, or any third party in contravention of any of the provisions of this Agreement, the Registered User shall compensate for such damage.
We shall modify this Agreement. When modifying, we shall notify it for Registered User with the details of such modification. In the event the Registered User uses the services or fails to follow the procedures for deletion of registration within the period we specify after the notice, the Registered User shall be deemed to have consented to such modifications in this Agreement.
Any inquiries regarding the Service, any other contacts or notices from the Registered User to us, any notices regarding changes of this Agreement, or any other contacts or notices from us to the Registered User, shall be made in the manner we prescribe.
1. The Registered User may not assign, transfer, encumber or otherwise dispose of its status in this Service Use Contract or any rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third party without the prior written consent from us.
2. In the event that we transfer any business related to the Services to any other company, it may assign its status in this Service Use Contract, the rights and obligations under this Agreement, the Registered Matters of Registered User, and any other customer information to the transferee of such business transfer, and the Registered User, in advance, shall agree such assignment in this Article. The transfer of business stipulated in this Article shall include not only the ordinary transfer of business, but also the company split and any other cases in which the business is transferred.
If any provision of the this Agreement, or any part hereof, is determined invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Act or any other law or regulation, the remaining provisions of this Agreement and the remaining part of the provision determined invalid or unenforceable, shall remain in full force and effect.
1. This Agreement and Service Use Contract shall be governed by the laws of Japan. The Registered User shall agree that the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, shall be excluded even if the sale of goods occurs in Services.
2. The Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or Service Use Contract.
Personal Data shall mean any information regarding to an individual and/or what identify the individual through name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, place of work, date of birth or any other description that constitutes such information. In addition, even if it may not be identified by the information itself, the information, which may be easily collated with other information and is personally identifiable as the result, shall also be included in the Personal Data.
We shall acquire and use your Personal Data only to the necessary extent to achieve the following purposes.
※Please note that we may not return some of the documents we have received.
If failure to fill the required items of Personal Data, you may not be able to receive our services.
In principle, we shall not provide your Personal Data for third party without your consent. Only under the circumstance that clarifying the recipient and the content of disclosure and obtaining your consent, we shall disclose your Personal Data. In the event, anybody applies (entries) for a User Company or a user company of affiliate site through our service, such member shall be deemed to have agreed on providing the Personal Data for third party. The item of Personal Data to be provided, how to provide, the type of the User Company to provide for, and the state of agreements with the User Company relating with handling Personal Data are as follows.
We may provide your Personal Data without your consent in the following cases:
We may entrust all or part of handling Personal Data to the extent required to achieve the Purpose of Use. When outsourcing handling Personal Data, an appropriate consignee shall be selected and supervised to ensure the safety of Personal Data.
We shall share acquired Personal Data with each Leverages Group companies. The items of Personal Data to be shared include name, sex, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, experience, and career. The joint users shall use Personal Data within the scope stipulated in Paragraph 2. The acquisition shall be made by documents or by electromagnetic media such as e-mail. The manager responsible for Personal Data used jointly is Leverages Co., Ltd.
1. Procedure of Requests
With respect to the Personal Data subject to disclosure we have, when we receive the request (“Requests”) regarding notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, or deletion of contents, suspension of use, erasure, and discontinuation of provision to a third party by you or your attorney, we shall correspond promptly with the procedure we designate. Provided, however, if such corresponding makes happen any of the following cases, we may not correspond to the Requests with an explanation of the situation and its reason.
If you delete or discontinue the use of Personal Data, you may not be able to receive our services you are currently using. Personal Data that is no longer required due to the termination of the provision of our services, shall be disposed of in accordance with our regulations.
2. Certificate for Procedure of Requests
Upon the Requests, please enclose a copy of any one of the following identification documents. Unless the address is "same as the domicile", the domicile should be deleted by black painting, etc.
If your attorney makes Requests, please submit the following identification documents (copy) in addition to the documents described in "①" above. Delete the domicile in the document which shows current address by black painting, etc.
The Personal Data provided upon the Requests, shall be used to the extent required for the procedure of Requests. Any submitted identification documents shall be disposed of in an appropriate manner immediately after confirmation. In addition, after a certain period of time from concluding the procedure, the Disclosure Request Form shall be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
3. Contact for Requests
In order to Requests, please Contact us as below. Thereafter, please fill out the required information in the designated form (Disclosure Request Form) we send, and return it with the identification documents described in the clause (2) above. No fee shall be charged for notification of the purpose of use and disclosure of Personal Data.
With respect to corresponding to the Requests, we shall mail in writing to the address designated by you, within 14 business days after our receipt of the Disclosure Request Form in which the required matters have been completed and the identification documents.
※ For Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, new-year holidays, and our Company holidays, Requests shall be handled on or after the next business day.
This website may use the technologies such as cookies and web beacons, to improve our service, to obtain statistical information such as accesses, and to deliver advertisement. The use of these technologies shall not let us acquire Personal Data that you have not entered.
Our website contains the pages that use web beacon to obtain statistical information about the use of our services and to improve services. The information acquired with using web beacon does not include information that identifies individuals.
③Individual identification number of mobile terminal
The individual identification number of a mobile terminal is a number sent by the user's mobile terminal to recognize the mobile terminals when accessing this site with the mobile terminal, and is used for access management. The individual identification number does not include information related to the user's privacy, such as the user's mobile phone number, email address, and name. In addition, the individual Registered User cannot be identified only by the individual identification number.
【Enforcement revision date：15/03/2021】